The half-ounce Gold Maple Leaf from 2023 radiates as an excellent addition to any collection due to its monumental historical value. This year’s introduction of this recognizable gold piece celebrates its 44th anniversary for the series, which was first introduced by the Royal Canadian Mint in 1979. This edition of the coin also honors the late Queen Elizabeth II, marking a significant chapter in the history of the Gold Maple Leaf.
- Contains 1/2 oz. of .9999 fine Gold.
- Quantities of 10 are packaged in mint tubes. All other quantities will arrive in protective sleeves.
- The beautiful micro-engraving of radial lines creates a higher level of anti-counterfeiting measures.
- Obverse: Displays an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II from artist Susanna Blunt featuring the 79-year-old queen.
- Reverse: Displays a large maple leaf, a widely known Canadian symbol, with the coin’s weight and purity. It also displays RCM’s micro-engraved security feature that shows a “23” inside of the micro-engraved maple leaf when magnified.
- Has a face value of CAD $20 backed by the Canadian government.
The obverse of the 2023 1/2 oz. Canadian Gold Maple Leaf depicts the masterful effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Susanna Blunt. This is Her Majesty’s final appearance on the Gold Maple Leaf, after her passing in September 2022. Future Gold Maple Leaf coins will feature the newly crowned King Charles III in place of the Queen’s image, as stated by the Royal Canadian Mint.
The reverse’s timeless design by Walter Ott connects this edition to the first Gold Maple Leaf in 1979, which was made originally to compete with the South African Krugerrand. Further, advanced anti-counterfeiting technology guarantees authenticity thanks to the micro-engraving and precise marking of the radial lines.
Add a piece of history to your collection today with this 2023 1/2 oz. Canadian Gold Maple Leaf coin!