The 1 oz Gold Nugget/Kangaroo coins are one of the top coins popular among investors and collectors alike. In 1987, The Perth Mint introduced the Gold Nugget series coins depicting, the metal in nugget forms, that were found in Australia. Starting in 1990, the coins have yearly variations of the Kangaroo image, adding collectability to the coin’s .9999 fine Gold appeal.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Individual coins are uncirculated and come in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Portrays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, as well as the coin’s monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Will vary by year. Includes the date, weight and purity along with a unique kangaroo or nugget design.
- Sovereign coin minted by the Perth Mint and backed by the Australian government.
- Dates may or may not vary, our choice will be determined by current inventory levels.
They are also produced in limited mintages, creating a great collectible opportunity. Add this beautiful 1 oz Gold Nugget/Kangaroo coin to your cart today!
Gold Kangaroo Design
In 1990, the Nugget coin was changed to feature the Kangaroo. While the obverse of this series continues to depict a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, the 1 oz and fractional Gold sizes depict a yearly variating design of Australia’s most recognizable marsupial.