- Contains .0482 troy oz. of Gold.
- Purity of .900 fine.
- Coins will ship in protective sleeves.
- Obverse: Displays a Mexican eagle perched on top of a prickly pear cactus, with a rattlesnake in its beak.
- Reverse: Displays “Dos Pesos” surrounded by a wreath with the date of issue at the top
- Issued by Banco de México from 1919-1948.
- Most were minted during the restrike year of 1945.
More than just a precious metal, the Gold Mexico 2 Pesos coin is rich with history and culture, making it the perfect piece for any collection.
The obverse features a striking depiction of Mexico’s national emblem – the golden eagle perched on a cactus, with a defeated rattlesnake hanging from its beak. This dramatic scene perfectly captures the sprit and legacy of the nation. Etched above this is Mexico’s formal name “Estados Unidos Mexicanos”, or “United Mexican States”.
On the reverse side you’ll see an open wreath encircling the value and mint date. This wreath represents Mexico’s bountiful agriculture and prosperity.
*Dates on these random year coins are our choice and may or may not vary, determined by in stock availability.