Due to its historical and investment value, the 2023 1/10 oz. Gold Maple Leaf is an excellent addition to any collection. The Royal Canadian Mint introduced this series in 1979, making this year’s production the 44th anniversary. This edition also pays tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth II for the final time. Additionally, this 1/10 oz. coin has an impressive purity of .9999 gold.
- Contains 1/10 oz. of .9999 fine gold.
- Coins will arrive in protective packaging.
- The beautiful micro-engraving of radial lines creates a higher level of anti-counterfeiting measures.
- Obverse: Displays an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II from artist Susanna Blunt featuring the 79-year-old queen.
- Reverse: Displays a large maple leaf, a widely known Canadian symbol, with the coin’s weight and purity. It also displays RCM’s micro-engraved security feature that shows a “23” inside of the micro-engraved maple leaf when magnified.
- Has a face value of CAD $5 backed by the Canadian government.
Susanna Blunt’s stunning depiction of Queen Elizabeth II appears on the obverse of the 2023 1/10 oz. Canadian Gold Maple Leaf. This is Her Majesty’s final appearance on the Gold Maple Leaf series after her passing in September 2022. The newly crowned monarch, King Charles III, will be featured on future Gold Maple Leaf coins, as stated by the Royal Canadian Mint.
The original 1979 Gold Maple Leaf was originally developed to compete with the popularity of the South African Krugerrand. Thanks to the timeless design on the reverse by Walter Ott, it has become one of the most renowned gold pieces among collectors and investors alike. Innovative anti-counterfeiting technology ensures authenticity due to the finely marked and micro-engraved radial lines.
Add a piece of history to your collection today with this 2023 1/10 oz. Canadian Gold Maple Leaf coin!