Inspired by Augustus Saint-Gauden’s iconic Gold Double Eagle Design, the American Gold Eagle is preferred among collector’s and investors alike. With fractional weights and its classic designs, this makes American Gold Eagles highly sought by both collectors and investors alike.
- Contains 1/4 oz actual Gold weight
- Purity of 0.9167
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famous Gold Double Eagle design, Lady Liberty walking forward holding an olive branch in one hand with a torch raised in the other.
- Reverse: The original “Type 1” reverse, depicted on coins from 1986-mid 2021, displays a male American Bald Eagle in flight bringing an olive branch to his nest, where a female waits with their young. The “Type 2” reverse, introduced in mid 2021, features a close-up depiction of an American Bald Eagle designed by Jennie Norris and sculpted by Renata Gordon.
- Minted by the U.S. Mint.
- Coins may or may not vary in date and type depending on available inventory.
Gold American Eagles are among the most popular bullion investments in world. Congress first authorized their release in 1986 and become an instant classic with their iconic designs on all four sizes including 1/10, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 oz of fine gold. The Gold American Eagles are fully guaranteed for their metal content and purity by the United States government.
Add a 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle to your portfolio today!