Silver Aztec Series 1 oz. Round, featuring Mictlantecuhtli, the revered “Lord of the Underworld” in Aztec mythology. This meticulously crafted silver round serves as both a tangible artifact of history and an exploration into the spiritual landscape of an ancient civilization.
- Contains 1 troy oz. of .999 fine silver
- Will ship in protective packaging.
- Obverse displays an artistic rendition of Mictlantecuhtli hunched atop a pile of skulls, 1 oz 999 Ag etched into a boulder beside him.
- Reverse displays a detailed stone skull, encompassed by Aztec inspired reliefs.
- Privately minted in the United States.
- Encapsulated in a plastic capsule and placed in a black velvet bag.
Mictlantecuhtli’s formidable yet regal nature embodies the Aztec perspective on the transition from life to death, a belief reflected in the complex funeral rituals and ceremonies aimed at ensuring a safe passage for souls through Mictlan. His significance was woven into the very fabric of Aztec society, influencing not only spiritual beliefs but also political legitimacy and social norms. During dedicated festivals like Miccailhuitontli, the deity’s influence was commemorated in elaborate rituals, underscoring the interconnectedness of life and death.
As an embodiment of the potent beliefs and rituals surrounding Aztec views of mortality, this exquisite Silver Aztec Series 1 oz. Round serves as both a keepsake and a conversation piece, offering a glimpse into a civilization’s intimate relationship with the realms beyond.