The Canadian Gold Maple Leaf was introduced to the world by the Royal Canadian Mint in 1979, as a way to challenge the South African Krugerrand’s dominance in the gold bullion market. Although initially only made available in the 1 oz. weight, the Royal Canadian Mint had greater plans for its new bullion program. Soon after, in 1982 the first iteration of the 1/4 oz. Gold Maple Leaf launched; the smaller coin helped expand investor access and solidify the Gold Maple Leaf’s position as a must have for collectors around the world.
- Contains 1/4 oz. of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coins will arrive in protective packaging.
- The beautiful micro-engraving of radial lines creates a higher level of anti-counterfeiting measures.
- Obverse: Displays an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, with “10 DOLLARS” and the coin’s year inscribed along the bottom edge.
- Reverse: Features a large, singular maple leaf, one of Canada’s most recognizable symbols. The coin’s weight, “1/4 OZ”, and purity, “9999”, are inscribed around the iconic gold-hued leaf.
- Has a face value of CAD $10 backed by the Canadian government.
The 1/4 oz. Canadian Gold Maple Leaf coin, launched in 1986, was the second expansion of the original 1 oz. series, which began in 1979. Its obverse proudly depicts Queen Elizabeth II, with portraits that change from 39 to 64 to 79-years-old. The Canadian Gold Maple Leaf is known for its high gold purity and content and is available in a variety of denominations ranging from 1/10 to 1 oz, with several unique editions nestled in between. This classic coin upholds the Royal Canadian Mint’s excellent standards as one of the world’s best.
Expand your portfolio with a prestigious 1/4 oz. Canadian Gold Maple Leaf, an iconic bullion coin renowned worldwide!