The 2023 1/4 oz. Gold Maple Leaf proves to be a great addition to any collection, due to its historical and investment value. The Royal Canadian Mint debuted this series in 1979, marking this year’s release of this iconic gold coin its 44th anniversary. This edition also commemorates the late queen, Elizabeth II, one final time. Further, this 1/4 oz. coin maintains an impressive purity of .9999 gold.
- Contains 1/4 oz. of .9999 fine gold.
- Coins will arrive in protective packaging.
- The beautiful micro-engraving of radial lines creates a higher level of anti-counterfeiting measures.
- Obverse: Displays an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II from artist Susanna Blunt featuring the 79-year-old queen.
- Reverse: Displays a large maple leaf, a widely known Canadian symbol, with the coin’s weight and purity. It also displays RCM’s micro-engraved security feature that shows a “23” inside of the micro-engraved maple leaf when magnified.
- Has a face value of CAD $10 backed by the Canadian government.
On the obverse of the 2023 1/4 oz. Canadian Gold Maple Leaf, Susanna Blunt’s exquisite portrait of Queen Elizabeth II is displayed. Following her passing in September 2022, this is Her Majesty’s final appearance on the Gold Maple Leaf series. As stated by the Royal Canadian Mint, future Gold Maple Leaf coins will display the newly crowned King Charles III.
This version can be compared to the original 1979 Gold Maple Leaf, which was developed to compete with the South African Krugerrand’s success. Thanks to the timeless design on the reverse by Walter Ott, this piece has become one of the most prominent gold coins by collectors and investors alike. Finally, innovative anti-counterfeiting technology ensures authenticity due to the finely marked and micro-engraved radial lines.
Add a piece of history to your collection today with this 2023 1/4 oz. Canadian Gold Maple Leaf coin!