Since its inception in 1986, the Gold American Eagle has been a staple amongst collectors and investors alike, and the 2023 rendition is no exception. Lady Liberty stands tall on the obverse, inspired by Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ timeless 1905 design. The reverse, featuring the masterful work of both Jennie Norris and Renata Gordon, displays an emblematic profile of our nation’s symbol of freedom—the bald eagle.
- Contains 1/2 oz. of gold.
- Purity of 0.9167
- Multiples of 20 coins are packaged in tubes, while others come in protective packaging.
- The obverse showcases Lady Liberty walking with a raised torch and holding an olive branch, adapted from Saint-Gaudens’ famous design.
- The reverse displays the new “Type 2” also known as “Eagle Portrait”, introduced in mid-2021 features American Bald Eagle’s profile, designed by Jennie Norris and sculpted by Renata Gordon.
- Sovereign US Mint Coin with a face value of $25 backed by the US Government.
The 2023 Gold Eagle shows Lady Liberty by Saint-Gaudens holding her torch and olive branch on the front – two awesome symbols of enlightenment and peace. Flip it over to see Jennie Norris’ stunning bald eagle design surrounded by the mottos “E PLURIBUS UNUM” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.”
These Gold Eagles contain a precise half-ounce of pure gold, just like their 1 oz. counterparts. The U.S. Mint adds some small percentages of silver and copper to make the coins more durable.
The new 2023 release really impresses with its upgraded anti-counterfeiting reeds. This smooth section is placed amongst the reeds in locations that vary for each year of issue, making duplication difficult. These coins blend intelligent investment value, security, eye-catching design, and rich history. For bullion enthusiasts and collectors alike, the 2023 ½ oz. Gold American Eagle is a true beauty. Add one to your collection today!