Inspired by Augustus Saint-Gauden’s iconic Gold Double Eagle Design, the Gold American Eagle is preferred among collector’s and investors alike. Since its induction by the U.S. Mint in 1986, it has become an iconic and timeless classic.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Purity of 0.9167
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in tubes. All other quantities will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famous Gold Double Eagle design, Lady Liberty walking forward holding an olive branch in one hand with a torch raised in the other.
- Reverse: The “Type 2” reverse, introduced in mid-2021, features a close-up depiction of an American Bald Eagle designed by Jennie Norris and sculpted by Renata Gordon.
- Minted by the U.S. Mint.
- Has a face value of $50 backed by the U.S. Government
Gold American Eagles are among the most popular bullion investments in world. Congress first authorized their release in 1986 and become an instant classic with their iconic designs on all four sizes including 1/10, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 oz of fine gold. The Gold American Eagles are fully guaranteed for their metal content and purity by the United States government.
The 2023 1 oz Gold American Eagles have a new anti-counterfeit security feature. The edges contain a reeded variation where a small piece of plain surface, is randomly placed in its pattern.
Add an iconic 1 oz Gold American Eagle 2023 to your portfolio today!