- Coins minted from 1998-2012 are .958 fine
- Coins issued 2013 to date are .999 fine
- Each coin contains 1 troy ounce of Silver
- Coin comes in protective packaging
- Obverse depicts the bust of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse depicts legendary figure of Britannia
- Guaranteed by the British government
Add a 1 oz British Silver Britannia coin to your cart today and grow your stack!
The Royal Mint began producing the 1 oz Silver Britannia coin in 1997 as a limited Proof and then as a bullion coin in 1998. The coins minted from 1998 to 2012 contain .958 fine Silver, but in 2013, bullion issues were minted with .999 fine Silver. In 2021, the design incorporated additional security features including surface animation, a latent image, tincture lines and micro text to increase security.