- Coins produced before 2013 consisted of 22k (.9167 fine) gold. Starting in 2013, they contain .9999 fine gold.
- Each coin contains at least 1 troy ounce of gold.
- Coin comes in protective packaging
- Obverse depicts the bust of Queen Elizabeth II, after the passing of the Queen in 2023, the Royal Mint released a new obverse design with the depiction of King Charles III.
- Reverse depicts the legendary figure of Britannia
- Guaranteed by the British government
The Royal Mint began producing the 1 oz Gold Britannia coin in 1987. In 2021, the design incorporated additional security features including surface animation, a latent image, tincture lines and micro text to increase security.
Add a 1 oz British Gold Britannia coin to your cart today and grow your stack!